Baseball PEI will be holding a classroom pitching session for all interested coaches and parents on Thursday, 20 February at Sport PEI (40 Enman Crescent, Charlottetown, PE), Room 125, starting at 6:30 pm.
The session will be led by Joe Puiia, J.P. Stevenson and Jordan Stevenson:
- Joe Puiia, pitching coach for the Charlottetown Gaudet’s Auto Body Islanders of the New Brunswick Senior Baseball League and the Holland College baseball Hurricanes, has almost 60 years of experience in pitching and baseball. Puiia has also coached on countless Canada Games and Youth Selects teams, is NCCP Comp-Dev Certified, and formerly pitched in the Nova Scotia Senior Baseball League and semi-professional baseball in Maine.
- J.P. Stevenson, a former left-handed pitcher on the Canadian Junior National Team and Vauxhall Baseball Academy, Stevenson had a very successful four-year collegiate career at Canisius College (NCAA, Division I, MAAC Conference), where he was MAAC Conference Top Pitcher and MVP in 2018, 2018 All-MAAC First team member, 2017 All-MAAC second team member, and 2018 Canadian Baseball Network All-Canadian first team member. Stevenson also played on several PEI provincial teams, professional baseball in Germany in 2019, was a member of the National Senior Champion Chatham Ironmen in 2019 and served as a coach for the Holland College baseball Hurricanes in 2018 and 2019.
- Jordan Stevenson has been the top right-handed pitcher on PEI for several years. The hard-throwing pitcher has been named the top pitcher in the New Brunswick Senior Baseball League and has been among the top right-handed pitchers in the league for several years. Stevenson has also been an MVP and top pitcher in the Kings County Baseball League pitched on several PEI provincial teams, was a member of the National Senior Champion Chatham Ironmen in 2019, and served as a coach for the Holland College baseball Hurricanes in 2018 and 2019.
These three pitching coaches are some of the top pitching minds in the province, and will be spending approximately 90 minutes on some of the following topics:
- Proper conditioning
- Pre-game pitching preparation
- Proper mechanics
- Leg drive
- Post-game recovery
- Between day/game pitching work
- Other topics
This session is open to the public (especially to all baseball coaches and parents of pitchers; the session is primarily targeted towards adults). The cost is free to attend; however, spots are limited. If you wish to attend, please email Randy at email@example.com by Wednesday, 19 February.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from the three top pitching minds on PEI and get a chance to ask any questions you may have!