From Jeremy MacNevin, Charlottetown and Area Baseball Association:
This year, CABA (Charlottetown and Area Baseball Association) will only be offering an on-line summer baseball registration process. There will not be an in-person registration process this year due to current COVID-19 restrictions. To register your child for the 2020 summer baseball program, please visit the attached link:
- Registration of your child is all that is required for now with the payment of fees to be made at a later date via e-transfer. Registration is necessary now so that we can assess enrollment numbers, the number of teams required, and scheduling of ball fields. This will allow CABA the opportunity to be as prepared as possible so that we can start playing baseball as soon as permitted. As soon as we know that programming can go forward in some format, then registration fees will be collected via e-transfer confirming your child’s enrollment in our summer ball program. If we do not have your fees collected by the specified deadline date, then your child will not be permitted to participate in our summer ball program.
- If registering for 3 or more family members, then CABA is offering a reduced family rate. Towards the end of the registration process, there will be an opportunity to use a promo code. For each child registration, please use “FAMILY” in the promo code field and the discount will be automatically applied. This is only applicable for 3 or more family members.
Once registered, we will be in touch regarding next steps. As soon as we know how the summer baseball programs will proceed for the summer, we will be sending out emails letting you know the details. We very much appreciate your cooperation with registration this year and apologize for any confusion this new process may provide. This is a transition year for our on-line registration process, and as such we will inevitably have bumps along the way. If you have any questions or problems with the registration process, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email. Finally, we are slow to get website/social media sites on-line for the ball association. So, please feel free to forward this email about registration to those you know who are new and interested in our summer programs.
For more information, I have summarized the various ball programs offered by CABA. They may be useful when registering your child in our on-line system.
2020 SUMMER REGISTRATION FEE:
Fees for all aged groups and levels are as follows:
- $145 for city residents within the CABA boundary (excluding Sherwood/ Parkdale area)
- $160 for non-city residents outside CABA boundary
- Given the circumstances and the possibility that we may be on the field later than normal, our summer ball program, including our team tryout process, may be somewhat different from past years. Any changes to programming, tryouts, schedules, and league formats that may be required will be communicated as soon as possible. As such, 2020 fees may be subject to change.
Charlottetown and Area Baseball Association 2020 Summer Baseball Program
- 8U/Rally Cap (Year of Birth – 2013, 2014 and 2015)
- The Rally Cap 8U program is an entry-level program designed to introduce children to the game of baseball, keeping them active and engaged while learning the skills of the game in a fun, safe and learning environment.
- Modified games and practice sessions are offered two days per week. Field time and location to be determined.
- Children will be provided with a t-shirt and ball cap. Equipment required: baseball glove, baseball helmet, sneakers or cleats, gym pants or ball pants and water bottle.
- 9U (Year of Birth - 2011 and 2012)
- This program builds on the skills developed in the Rally Cap program. This program is to prepare children for the competitive level of baseball. Games are more structured to traditional baseball rules, yet still modified to ensure games are an enjoyable developmental learning experience. Some away games are scheduled throughout the summer with other nearby baseball associations.
- Two sessions per week (generally one practice and one game). Field time and location to be determined.
- Jersey and ball cap provided. Equipment required: baseball glove, baseball helmet, grey-coloured ball pants, sneakers or cleats and water bottle.
- CABA – Competitive League Baseball Programs
- 11U (Year of Birth – 2009 and 2010)
- 13U (Year of Birth – 2007 and 2008)
- 15U (Year of Birth – 2005 and 2006)
- 18U (Year of Birth – 2002, 2003 and 2004)
- For each age group noted above, there are three levels of competitive teams: “AAA,” “AA” and “A” (18U will only have “AA” and “A” teams). A call for tryouts will be made first for the “AAA” level. Once those tryouts are complete, then the call for tryouts will be made for the “AA” team.
- The “A” level program does not require a tryout process. If your child does not want to try out or is unsuccessful in the “AAA” or “AA” levels then they will automatically be placed into an “A” level team.
- Practice one to two times per week with one to two games per week. Both home and away league games are scheduled for these age groups and levels. Travel for away games throughout the Island is required.
- Field times and locations to be determined.
- Ball jersey and ball cap provided. Equipment Required: baseball glove, baseball helmet, ball pants, baseball cleats and water bottle. Baseball bats are optional.