Position: Summer Clinician/Assistant.
- 22 June 2020 – 14 August 2020.
- Executive Director/Board of Directors of Baseball PEI.
- Full-time position.
- The Summer Clinician/Assistant has a key role to assist in the planning, administration, conducting and review of the Summer Clinics Program, as well as the provision of administrative support for Baseball PEI.
- Experience in higher-level baseball (“AAA” baseball, Provincial teams, et cetera).
- Current full-time student at the secondary or post-secondary level.
- Comfort in working with youth in an instructional setting.
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle would be an asset.
- Assist in leading, managing, coordinating and enhancing Baseball PEI’s Summer Clinics Program.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating camps/clinics with Baseball PEI minor baseball associations and partners.
- Assist with the promotion of the positive benefits of participation in Baseball PEI clinics and programming.
- Assist with Baseball PEI’s communications such as social media, website and other promotions.
- Assist with administrative roles in the Baseball PEI office, including answering phones, helping oversee inventory, Baseball PEI/Toronto Blue Jays Getaway Fundraiser and other administrative tasks designated by the Executive Director.
- $13.36/hr (vacation pay included)
Hours of Work:
- 40 hours/week for eight weeks.
- Please note, this position requires flexibility in hours from the applicant; a number of the clinics/camps will take place on evenings/weekends.
- Clinics/camps will take place across Prince Edward Island; however, the clinician/assistant will be largely based out of the Baseball PEI office in Charlottetown.
Professional Development and Review:
- The Summer Clinician/Assistant is expected to attend any professional development sessions – potentially including NCCP clinics – in relation to baseball development, introductory coaching and other related sessions as deemed necessary by the Executive Director. Their performance will be reviewed concerning the effectiveness with which the key roles detailed in this job description are being performed.
Please label Cover Letters and Resumes “Summer Clinician/Assistant” and address to “Baseball PEI – 2020 Hiring”. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Wednesday, 3 June 2020 at 4 pm. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position this funded through the Skills PEI Jobs-for-Youth program.