Position – Baseball PEI Provincial Rally Cap Coordinator
- Baseball PEI Provincial Rally Cap Coordinator
- 1 April 2021 – 31 March 2022
- Executive Director/Board of Directors of Baseball PEI.
- Part-time position (approximately 100 hours over one year; the vast majority between 1 May – 1 September 2021).
- The Rally Cap Coordinator will be in charge of growing, developing and administrating Rally Cap programming on Prince Edward Island (and is separate from Baseball PEI’s hired summer clinicians).
- Experience in high-level baseball over several years
- Belief in the proper development of fundamental movement and baseball skills for children 8-and-under.
- Comfort and personality in working with young children and parents in an instructional setting.
- Ability to test young children in fundamental baseball skills
- Comfort in training/educating adults in the basic tenets of baseball/Rally Cap
- Ability to communicate via email, telephone or in-person.
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence and a vehicle.
- Train minor baseball association Rally Cap coaches on the proper way to run/administer Rally Cap programming within their association
- Run clinics for Rally Cap programs within the eleven minor baseball associations across Prince Edward Island.
- Administer Rally Cap testing to young Rally Cap players across Prince Edward Island.
- Be the go-to for anybody with questions about Rally Cap on Prince Edward Island.
- Assist any associations wishing to hold Rally Cap Jamborees within their association.
- Plan and oversee the Provincial Rally Cap Jamboree Day.
- Work with the Executive Director to devise a plan going forward how to improve Rally Cap and Initiation programming across Prince Edward Island.
Hours of Work:
- Approximately between 100-115 hours over the year. During June – September, approximately 8-10 hours per week
- All across Prince Edward Island.
Professional Development and Review:
- The Provincial Rally Cap Coordinator will complete an orientation session with the Baseball PEI Executive Director and Director of Skills Development on Rally Cap on Prince Edward Island. As well, the Provincial Rally Cap Coordinator will complete the NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport online module, NCCP Coach Initiation in Baseball (Rally Cap) online module, and the NCCP Rally Cap clinic.
Please label Cover Letters and Resumes “Provincial Rally Cap Coordinator” and address to “Baseball PEI – 2021 Hiring”. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Thursday, 4 March 2021 at 4 pm. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.